What Is Youth Leadership?
Youth leadership involves:
- Goal setting
How can transition team members support leadership skills development in students?
Transition team members can help students develop leadership skills by:
- Teaching them about confidence
- Being a great example
- Offering student engagement programs
- Teaching them to be organized
- Encouraging them to contribute
- Explaining that failure isn't always a bad thing
- Empowering them to make their own decisions
What Can Leadership Skill Development Do For Students?
When given the opportunity to practice leadership skills, students gain:
Believing they have the skills to make important decisions
Identifying challenges to goals and determine one or more solutions to overcome them before they happen
Using efffective communication, responsibility, self-discipline, and respect for others
Learning how to work effectively with others