Transition Coordinating Council
The transition coordinating council assembles to address things such as:
- Identifying what is and is not working with regard to transition opportunities
- Problem solving as a team for those areas in which there can be improvement
- Improve outreach efforts to youth, families, employers and agencies
- Coordinating efforts across stakeholders
- Increasing opportunities for youth to engage in transition activities
Benefits To Joining A Local Transition Coordinating Council
There are many benefits to joining the local transition council in your area. By joining, you will learn:
- Who the key players are working in transition in your community
- What transition leaders in your community are doing to solve problems in the transition process for youth and families in your community
- How different agencies, organizations, and schools work together to support the transition process of all transition age youth in your community
How do Transition Coordinating Councils benefit students?
Shared Mission and Vision
Agencies coordinate the services being offered.
Identifying and addressing the issues and barriers in the community to ensure all students with disabilities get the support they need.
Understanding how agencies in the community work together to help students access what they need to reach their goals for work, school, and living independently.
Increased Employment Experiences
Having access to experiences to prepare them for employment.
COMING SOON: Want to find the Transition Council in your area?
Check out the calendar for events that may interest you.
Want to learn more?
Check out this resource to learn how to start, improve, or sustain a transition council
NTACT’s Transition Team Leaders Sustainability Toolkit