Faith Based Activities
Benefits of participation in faith based activities can support students in many different ways as they pursue additional growth in their community, both socially and personally.
- Help students explore and learn their faith
- Develop their understanding, acceptance, and compassion for others
- Provide them a safe place where they can build and maintain trusting relationships
- Increase friendships and belonging in a community
What Do Faith Based Experiences Include?
Pointing a student and family toward faith based opportunities in the community might include:
- Finding opportunities to express their values and beliefs
- Finding faith based mentors who share similar values and beliefs
- Joining one’s family in a faith based community
- Exploring faith community opportunities so one may be chosen that is a best fit for a student
What Can Faith Based Experiences Do For Students?
Sharing time with others in a community helps to build friendships and relationships.
Making social choices for oneself offers the opportunity to build valuable life-long skills.
Being able to advocate for one’s beliefs to build a sense of confidence within the community.
Being a part of a faith based community provides connection to others who may have similar values and beliefs which gives a sense of belonging.
Check out this tip sheet from our partners at Transition Discoveries!
Check out the calendar for events that may interest you.
Want to learn more?
Charting the Life Course
Learn more about how the Life Course framework can address an individual’sy social and spirituality