Faith Based Activities
Benefits of participation in faith based activities can support students in many different ways as they pursue additional growth in their community, both socially and personally.
- Help students explore and learn their faith
- Develop their understanding, acceptance, and compassion for others
- Provide them a safe place where they can build and maintain trusting relationships
- Increase friendships and belonging in a community
What Do Faith Based Experiences Include?
Pointing a student and family toward faith based opportunities in the community might include:
- Finding opportunities to express their values and beliefs
- Finding faith based mentors who share similar values and beliefs
- Joining one’s family in a faith based community
- Exploring faith community opportunities so one may be chosen that is a best fit for a student
What Can Faith Based Experiences Do For Students?
Sharing time with others in a community helps to build friendships and relationships.
Making social choices for oneself offers the opportunity to build valuable life-long skills.
Being able to advocate for one’s beliefs to build a sense of confidence within the community.
Being a part of a faith based community provides connection to others who may have similar values and beliefs which gives a sense of belonging.