What Typically Occurs At A Transition Fair:
At a transition fair:
- Agencies, organizations, nonprofits and businesses share information related to the transition programs, services and supports they provide
- Students may practice interview and social skills
- Students may learn about classes they can take during and after high school that will help them learn more about the skills required for the jobs and careers in which they are most interested
- Students and families learn about paid work experiences and on-going training opportunities
What Does It Take To Plan A Transition Fair At My School?
Have you ever wondered what it would take to host a transition fair at your school? Work with a committee to consider these key components:
- Learning Opportunities
- Vendors, Exhibitors, and Resources
What Can Transition Fairs Do For Students?
Transition fairs are most successful when all partners in the transition planning process work together to provide diverse and varied presentations, learning opportunities, and exhibitors that focus on:
Students have the opportunity to learn about different career opportunities in their area.
Students learn about different opportunities within their community and build networks with different agencies, organizations, and employers.
Students can learn about how to access available resources to support their transition goals.
Students benefit from families, schools, agencies and other partners working together to provide increased opportunities.
Check out the Transition Fair Toolkit!
Check out the calendar for events that may interest you.
Want to learn more?
Pennsylvania Community on Transition Conference
Consider attending the annual transition conference in PA!